- For activation purposes, to know that a new unique instance of the Swype beta is being activated, we collect basic device information, such as cellular ESN, to uniquely identify the device. The identifier does not provide us with the ability to identify you.
- The Swype beta processes and stores Input Data, to enhance and improve the prediction capabilities of the product. The Input Data may contain Personal Information. Input Data means the text you type, write or trace into the Swype beta.
- The Swype beta will examine, process and locally store your user contacts, and the Input Data in the User Dictionary. User Dictionary means the word lists stored locally on your device.
- If you choose to use the Dictation feature, the Swype beta processes, stores, and maintains your Speech Data, which may contain Personal Information, within Nuance's computing environment.
- If you so choose, the Swype beta will examine, process and locally store certain types of content related to applications integrated with the Swype beta to enhance and improve the prediction capabilities of the product.
- The Swype beta examines and locally stores on your device new words found in your Application Content in the User Dictionary. Application Content is information generated or derived from applications integrated with the Swype beta. For example, the Swype beta is integrated with SMS, Facebook, Twitter and Gmail, and the Application Content comprises the names of your Facebook friends, Gmail screen names and the timeline of your public Twitter feed.
- If you so choose, the Swype beta collects and stores the following Usage data within Nuance's computing environment: language selection, location information, the Swype beta application settings and device keyboard details, keys tapped, traced, or input by any other means, shifting and deletion events, words chosen, speed of text entry, and how often words are added/removed from the Personal Dictionary. This data is used anonymously and is not associated with you. Any measurements we collect are done efficiently to minimize transmitted data, and are only transferred when a Wi-Fi connection is active.
- Nuance maintains and processes your Swype beta content to provide the Swype beta service to you and to improve this and other Nuance products and services.
- Nuance or third parties acting under the direction of Nuance, pursuant to confidentiality agreements, use the Speech Data to develop, tune, enhance, and improve Nuance services and products. Nuance will not use the contents of any Speech Data provided to us through your use of Nuance Products for any purpose except as set forth above.
- Nuance's computers process the speech information in your Swype beta dictation request for various purposes, including formatting and displaying the information to you, and other purposes relating to offering you the Swype beta.
Information sharing and onward transfer
- You may clear the contents of your Swype User Dictionary, which will remove the word lists contained in the dictionary. Deletion of the User Dictionary content may cause a decline in the performance of the Swype beta. It will also reset your voice profile which may cause a decline in the accuracy of speech recognition. If you wish to clear your Swype User Dictionary, choose "Reset Swype's dictionary" in "Preferences" within Swype settings.
- You may reset your voice profile by selecting "Reset Swype's dictionary" in "Preferences" within Swype settings. Resetting your Swype User Dictionary will both reset your voice profile, and remove your word lists contained in your User Dictionary. Resetting your User Dictionary may cause a decline in the accuracy of the speech recognition and in the performance of the Swype beta.
- You may choose not to have the Swype beta import your Application Content. If you do not wish to have the Swype beta do this, turn off the Personalization options in “Connect Settings” within Swype Settings.
- You may choose not to have the Swype beta examine your Usage data. If you do not wish to have the Swype beta do this, turn off “Contribute Usage Data” in “Connect Settings” within Swype Settings.
- You may also turn off or alter the location settings in your device. Turning off the location settings may impact some aspects of the Swype beta offering.
Facebook, Gmail, and Twitter are registered trademarks or trademarks of Facebook, Google Inc. and Twitter, Inc. respectively.
Updated: June 2012